At Heneng, we just help a PCB desinger from Europe produced and assembled his iMX6 Rex PCB.
Back to October, 2019, we received from customer the iMX6 Rex design files. Later on, we realised the iMX6 Rex design files are perfect for PCB designers to learn everything important about routing PCB Layout for high speed interfaces such DDR3, PCIE, SATA, Ethernet, HDMI, LVDS, etc
Below is some technical details about iMX6 Rex PCB
- Material: FR4, TG150
- Board Thickness: 1.6 mm
- Min. Line Width: 4 mil
- Buried vias: Yes.
- Via filling and tenting: Yes
- HDI Level 2
- BGA：0.8 mm pitch
- Min. Component Size: 0402
- Quality: IPC Class 2
- Impedance Control:10%
Below is some parts of BOM, including CPU, RAM and more.
- NXP (Freescale) iMX6 processor, up to 1.2GHz / 4 cores
- Soldered down DDR3-1066 (533MHz), up to 4GB
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
- 1x HDMI (up to QXGA 2048×1536)
- 1x LVDS output
- 1x PCIE
- 1x SATA
- On board SPI Flash up to 32Mb
- 1x SD (or optional 2x CAN), 1x MMC
- 2x USB
- 3x UART, 3x I2C, 1x SPI
- Digital audio
- User LED, power LED
- 2x high speed board to board connectors (only one required)
- Size: 70 x 40 mm (smaller than a credit card)
- Input power: 7 to 24V DC (or single +5V)
Our engineering team had spent efforts and time in DFM and DFA process trying to optimise the design as well as the components selection to make it cost-effective for our customer.
In our future articles, we will share with you the engineering querry about this iMX6 Rex board.